Savory Pork Zongzi 咸肉粽
Rice Dumpling Recipe
Ingredient List 配料表:
1 bag Bamboo Leaves 粽叶 Buy It Now! 立即购买
1 roll Zongzi Threads 粽绳 Buy It Now! 立即购买
400g Pork Belly 五花肉
1/2 tsp Salt 盐
1 tsp Sugar 糖
1 tsp Five Spice Powder 五香粉 Buy It Now! 立即购买
1 tsp Shaoxing Cooking Wine 绍兴料酒 Buy It Now! 立即购买
2 tsp Soy Sauce 生抽 Buy It Now! 立即购买
2 tsp of the juice from Red Fermented Tofu 腐乳汁 Buy It Now! 立即购买
100g Peanut Oil 花生油
1000g Short Grain Glutinous Rice 圆糯米 Buy It Now! 立即购买
500g Mungbean 绿豆 Buy It Now! 立即购买
20g Dried Shrimp (optional) 虾米（可选）
30g Dried Scallop (optional) 干贝（可选）
60g Dried Mushroom 冬菇 Buy It Now! 立即购买
1. Cut the ends of bamboo leaves off (for dry leaves, soak leaves overnight)
2. Marinated the pork belly with the savory sauce overnight in the fridge.
3. Rince all the rice, mungbean, mushroom, dried shrimp (optional) and scallop (optional) thoroughly, and soak for 5-8 hours.
4. After soaking drain the rice and screen it. Add 2 and a half tablespoon salt and 100g peanut oil, mix well, and set aside.
5. Drain the mungbean for 30 minutes. Then add 4 teaspoon salt, mix well and set aside.
6. Drain the mushroom, cut off the stems, and dice them. Marinate with 1/4 teaspoon salt,1/4 teaspoon sugar, 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce, 1/4 peanut oil
7. Drain the scallop and press down with a knife, then mince them and set them aside.
8. Before wrapping, take out the leaves and gently wipe them to dry.
-Layering two leaves together and folding them up at the center of the leave on top to form a cone. Use the middle finger to make a small fold inward fold. Turn the leaf around to form a cone. (Hint: Watch the video demo.)
- Fill the cone with a ta tablespoon of sticky rice, and a half tablespoon of mungbean, pat down gently. And next put in 2-3 slice of the pork belly, sprinkle a bit of the mushroom, a little seafood (optional), and put in a half tablespoon of mungbean again. Hold the cone with one hand to secure its shape.
- Fold down the leave to close the cone. Press it firmly, so it will not fall apart and get a tight seal.
- Fold the extra leaves to one side of the zongzi. - Lastly, secure the shape of the zongzi with a twine.